Sunday, March 13, 2011

National Drill Com 2011

My dearest Pioneer team girls,

I do not know how many of you would come online to check the blog now that it's the March holidays, but i would like to say that all of you are winners to me. (sounds cliche? read on)

[I regret that I was not able to join you on the way back to PHS as I have to stay back for committee debrief. And I would not be able to see all of you till the next GB meeting. Thus, I would like to express my feelings to you through our company website platform]

You can see for yourself that I was very satisfied and pleased with your performance at the competition yesterday. We've worked hard, trying our best to ensure every minute of training leads to improvement so as to not waste the very limited (and thus precious) training time.

Furthermore, many of you are in secondary four - having to face pressure from school/parents (O levels coming) and also to overcome the shadow from your past drill competition experience. Just by agreeing to join, I can see that all of you have fighting spirit. Though you may be fearful due to the impact of the "COP" we've gotten, I have never seen you giving up in drill. In fact, I applaud you for being strong and not giving up on drill. Even after the last competition, you've improved in your drills, and even managed to pass Drill Stage 3 at one shot! It's such a show of mental strength and physical capability in all of you.

Pioneer team, we have come so far together - Us and God together. After the prayer I've made with all of you before creative drill section, i saw some of you comforting Kassandra. It warms my heart to see you care for one another :)

Our tangible result from the competition: Bronze trophy. But, so what? We know we are good. This is not self denial of the actual results. We KNOW we are good. I know all of you are good (both individually and as a team). Officers from other companies who watched us at the competition said so too. They even approached me to ask our company for help to train their drills to be as good as ours. Many people were impressed. However, this is a competition. And since we've decided to participate in it, we have to abide by the game's rules and accept whatever results we're given.

We may find this hard to swallow but, let's be strong and strive to overcome this competition. I've already feedback to the National Drill Committee about their scoring system and one influential member of the committee has agreed to look into it to change it for the better. Let us pray that our future teams will be awarded an award more deserving of our calibre.

And I must say this: I am very proud of all of you. You've never let me down. You've never let 5th company down. The mental strength of our team and the discipline we've acquired during trainings, as well as the bond we've enhanced... our grit. These are our intangible results from the competition. And I think these are the more important things in life compared to a trophy which will disintegrate with time. Our spirit will never break with time.

With all of us standing united, and with God, all things are possible.

To God be the Glory. Amen.

cheers,
mdm laura
goodness! i didn't realise i wrote so much! But, you are worth my time :) I hope you've managed to read the whole thing, including this sentence!